Yoga Therapy is one-on-one instruction delivered in a supportive, focused format. You will receive personalized attention and instruction in therapeutic Yoga poses that support you in healing from injury and illness and achieving optimum health.
Each session will focus on several poses, chosen specifically to address your health condition. You will receive hands-on guidance to help you practice safely and to improve your overall wellness, whatever your ability level. Yoga poses may be adopted to be practiced on a chair, on the floor, or even in a bed, depending on your situation.
You will receive written notes after each session so that you can continue practicing on your own.
* You will feel more relaxed and alert.
* You will become stronger and more flexible, with better balance.
* You will experience less back and neck pain, with fewer headaches.
* Your immune capacity will improve and you will heal more quickly from injury, illness, and surgery.
* Your blood pressure normalize.
* Your mood will improve.
* You will respond to stressful situations with less reactivity and more awareness and choice.
* Overall you will feel better about yourself, regardless of your life situation or level of fitness.
Yoga therapy is not a replacement for medical treatment. If you have a serious medical condition, see your doctor. However, Yoga can be excellent complementary care, helping you to heal more quickly, and to feel better while healing.
- Mild to moderate back pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Immune dysfunction
- High blood pressure
- Insomnia, stress, and worry
- Depression and anxiety
- Preparation for and recovery from surgery
- Poor balance
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hormone imbalance, including PMS, menstrual cramps, and hot flashes
- General deconditioning and poor fitness